Recent emergencies on a national and local level have underscored the importance of emergency planning and preparedness.
By taking time now to become familiar with the information provided throughout these pages, you can help ensure your own safety and that of those around you in the event of an actual emergency.
These pages will be updated as we continue to revise and improve our emergency plans, 程序, and organizational structure.
Emergency Procedures Quick Reference Guide
Call 911—执法, Fire, and Medical Personnel
- 生活 threatening situations that need immediate medical assistance such as: Serious injury, 大量出血, and/or victim is not breathing.
- Survey the scene to make sure it is safe.
- If at all possible stay with the victim and initiate first aid within the scope of your abilities.
- Do NOT move the victim if you suspect a back or neck injury.
- Use universal precautions upon rendering first aid.
- Treat all body fluids as potentially infectious.
- 运输 for health/medical issues.
- Violence on campus or any college facility.
- Fire—Know what to do in the event of a fire.
Also notify 公共安全 at 319-296-4234.
Contact 公共安全 @ 319-296-4234
- Non-life-threatening emergencies.
- If you observe someone who appears under the influence of drugs and/or alcohol.
- Violence or criminal activity on campus or any college facility.
- Immediate evening and weekend concerns.
- 炸弹威胁 化学品泄漏.
- 可疑的人 or suspicious package, letter, or object.
公共安全 is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Visit the 学生 健康 Clinic
Visit the 学生 健康 Clinic, located in the 健康 Education and Services Center (use left door entrance). 或致电319-296-4224.
- Non-emergency medical issues. See available medical services.
- Mental health counseling (if available)
- Death of a student/family member
- Traumatic event to student
If 911 has been called, medical staff will assist, if available, until paramedics arrive.